HOW TO WRITE STATEMENT OF PURPOSE FOR GRAD SCHOOL IN NIGERIA (SAMPLE TIPS).

What is Statement of Purpose?


Statement of Purpose is a long essay that is often asked by universities abroad. The essay, usually about 1000 words, seeks to understand the candidate’s life, the motivations for the chosen career path and his/her goals.

 

 Nigeria Student theinfopro.com.ng

 

Three Keyword Element you need to have at the back of your mind when writing Statement of Purpose (SOP)

 

  1. Your Goals

  2. Your Chosen Career Path

  3. Academic Progress


 


Sample Statement of Purpose (SOP) for Biological Sciences


 

How to Write Statement of purpose for Grad School in Nigeria (Sample Tips).

Biological Science has always been fascination and more like a miracle to me. Understanding the rationale behind most scientific discoveries has also been ambiguous and as well like a mystery, hence my desire to expand my knowledge in the field to science. Biology has always been my favorite subject throughout my academic life. I particularly enjoy learning about evolution after reading books like “The Selfish Gene” by Richard Dawkins. It’s amazing how a process can be so simplistic and logical but also so detailed and complex. Ecology is another aspect of Biology that fascinates me, from growing up watching David Attenborough show the unique behavior of different organisms. I have found it very satisfying to gain a real understanding of how different species interact with their environment and each other.

More so, it is of my interest to gain a board understanding of value of biodiversity, if not in terms of its beauty and uniqueness, at least in terms of the vital ecological services it provides on a worldwide scale through pollination, soil fertilization, nutrient recycling, food, diversity of gene, species and ecosystem, medicinal resource and pharmaceutical products. Today many of the antibiotics, vaccines use in orthodox medicine are obtain from biological material (Like plants, micro organism). I also want to explore the possibility of research area in biomedical science. It is very obvious that in this modern era, every patient treatment, every diagnostic test and every medical intervention in use today is the result of innumerable biomedical research discoveries, some made in decade past. We rely on these medical miracles to determine the precise cause of ailments and rescue loved ones in distress. All these, has promote public concern on biomedical research and has thus increases the demand of graduate biomedical scientist who can make discoveries and be able to translate it into practical solution.

My relentless hard work coupled with self-confidence rewarded me with good grades in my Senior Secondary Certificate Examination. Especially my grade in biology, chemistry and physics opened up the doors for me to secure admission into the program, Bachelor of Science in Applied Microbiology. During my undergraduate studies, I excelled in cause like Microbiology genetics, epidemiology, Immunology, Enzymologist etc. These provide a form foundation and draw me closer toward achieving good result grades in my undergraduate program. I have also participated in various seminar carried out within and outside the colleges on different topic such as; Rhizosphere interaction, Bioremediation, Phytoremediation, Medical Plants and their properties, DNA Vaccine and so on, where I could bring out my presentation skill to the public. In due course, I did my first project on Antimicrobial Sensitivity of Mushroom extract (Auricula Auricularia) on staphy vococcus aurous. I also had the opportunity to work for Prof. Ogbu, as a student on Microbial Isolation techniques, using pigeon droppings/ except as a specimen. During the period of student industrial work experience, I visited the National Institute of Biotechnology in Abuja, National Institute of Medical Research in Lagos, and Nigerian Navy Reference Hospital in Lagos.

 

 

The Tips on how to write statement of purpose in Nigeria Format is made possible with the help of theinfopro.com.ng Admin.

Post a Comment

0 Comments